• Corsair AX-1200
      • Hard drives:
      • WD Raptor 600, WD Black 2tb, both on Sata 6gbs
      • XP 64/Win7 64 Dual Boot
    Blog Entries
    Users Country Flag

Default New build, need input

Hey guys.

My old system still works, but my video card suxorz (Titan X maxwell). I have had 6 of then through RMA, and they have never worked right.
    My buddy just came up and brought his 1080TI system with him. We put that in my machine, and it went along just fine, almost repeating what game fps he had (he has an I7 8700k though, and didnt get as many 'drops' in fps as I did).

I just got some cash, enough to either buy a completely new system, with like a new I7 that can do lots more load wise than my 5930k can. OR, I can just get 2 1080TI video cards and try to limp along with this machine until it quits.

So, if you had a lot of cash, what system would you build right now?
    What components would you use? (I will NEVER use evga again, they suck now, like DFI did right before they went out of bussiness).
    What mobo?
    What memory?
    What cpu? (I dont need an I9 I dont think, lol).

I have been out of the game a LONG time, and just dont know whats good anymore, except that evga sux bad.

So, give this thread a holler!

Every day I try to follow Gods will. Every day, I struggle immensely with my human nature.

The Boss!
    • nutcase's Rig Specs
      • Motherboard:
      • asus P6T Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core-i7 920
      • CPU clock:
      • 3900 Mhz
      • memory:
      • Patriot Viper
      • graphics:
      • Nvidia 295 GTX
      • PSU:
      • OCZ 1000W
      • Hard drives:
      • 320GB Seagate 7200.11
      • win XP64
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3d View Post
    Hey guys.

My old system still works, but my video card suxorz (Titan X maxwell). I have had 6 of then through RMA, and they have never worked right.
    My buddy just came up and brought his 1080TI system with him. We put that in my machine, and it went along just fine, almost repeating what game fps he had (he has an I7 8700k though, and didnt get as many 'drops' in fps as I did).

I just got some cash, enough to either buy a completely new system, with like a new I7 that can do lots more load wise than my 5930k can. OR, I can just get 2 1080TI video cards and try to limp along with this machine until it quits.

So, if you had a lot of cash, what system would you build right now?
    What components would you use? (I will NEVER use evga again, they suck now, like DFI did right before they went out of bussiness).
    What mobo?
    What memory?
    What cpu? (I dont need an I9 I dont think, lol).

I have been out of the game a LONG time, and just dont know whats good anymore, except that evga sux bad.

So, give this thread a holler!
    You probably will not get much of a response anymore. Site has been dead for a while.

I am not going to be much help as my system is even older than yours! I am still running an i7-4820K with a GTX-760!

for me to replace this system because it is an LGA-2011 Mobo and 32GB of memory would be expensive! Also, I have not kept up with new Tech for a while.
    Last edited by nutcase; 09-15-2018 at 01:38 AM.