Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The future of bleedinedge.com

Guys,

Due to the lack of traffic, lack of sponsors, or lets just say the LACK OF EVERYTHING!

I have been contemplating shutting the site down.

If I cannot see any real responses or of any real way to make this website active again, I will be shutting the site down 1 month from the date of this Post.

Thanks,

The management

I will be sad to see it go......

Comment

I will be sad to see it go also.

One question:
      Is there any way I can get like a whole thread to save/archive on my machine?
      I would not like losing my vw bug and bus threads.

Thanks.

Every day I try to follow Gods will. Every day, I struggle immensely with my human nature.

Comment

ok guys,

it is staying...

Due to Team Starfire World Boinc (TSWB) lost their website and forums, along with nobody can find the Admin, so I will be taking over the forums for them.

so, expect some rearranging of the forums (when i can find time)

Comment

I think it is time that we develop some sort of a strategic plan to clearly understand where we want BE to be then put steps in place on how we get there.

So, what do we need and what do we want?

Maybe we also need to define what is bleedinedge in line with today's tech. By example, is overclocking hardware to the extreme still the rage?

Snafu
          Profile - Webpage

You can't live life without living - me

Nothing is that important that it must be done today as long as you will wake up tomorrow - me

Comment

I rarely come by here due to the lack of activity. I'm with Snafu on discussing what is bleeding edge now, but I also feel that nutcase has an idea where he wants to go with the site. Standing by for further developments!

Comment

I am just happy it will be staying.

Every day I try to follow Gods will. Every day, I struggle immensely with my human nature.

Comment

ok, first... extreme overclocking is dead (you can thank the economy and the computer industry for this)

OCZ splitting all ties with bleedinedge.com hurt the site a lot. but they have their own problems now

now some stats:

BE is presently only using 5% of the resources available to me on the webhost.

BE has the following:

The website
                an FTP server
                an Email Server

last count though I only had 56 active users in the last 90 Days

and now, look at the threads that have been started recently. a lot of them have nothing to do with computing at all. a lot have to do with autos and trucks or hunting.

NOW, I am willing to build a subforum to cover stuff like this!

cost of running the site is not a problem. it costs me less than $150 a year to keep the site running.

and now about TSWB:

the BOINC distributed computing community at last count has over 3 Million people running these projects! and a lot of them want to overclock or Do overclock. even though they do not do extreme overclocking, this would give us a lot bigger chance to increase the users!

TSWB itself is presently Ranked as #51 out of 106,962 teams and has 450 members. it presently is active in 132+ projects. all of these projects would have a link to this website!

and TSWB also runs their own IRC server and IRC channel. anybody is gladly allowed to visit the channel at any time. we get a bit crude at times though

Lets keep this going! I am open to all Ideas!

Comment

I am glad that BE is staying Put. And as for TWSB joining the ranks, I think it is a great idea! The economy is really bad, even an old computer parts and tech gadgets co. just shut off there online ordering, Geeks. com is no more as of yesterday evening. They still have the store in Oceanside California, and will be honoring any warranties. Anyway I am glad BE will BE here!

Comment

i am trying to find out from Mikki right now, but BE should be 10 years old this year!

Comment

Kewl, me too! well 6 times over plus two this coming week!

Comment

Depends on what the start date is. Mikki joined on 05-13-2003

Snafu
                        Profile - Webpage

Nothing is that important that it must be done today as long as you will wake up tomorrow - me

Comment

Originally posted by Snafu View Post
                          Depends on what the start date is. Mikki joined on 05-13-2003
                          oops, I missed it!

because their has to be a minimum of 1 admin to start creating the forums!

so BE was 10 years old last May!

Comment

I am a active member...NC is correct..There was a time I received much more than now to OC...This has seemed to slow to a halt..BUT it has in the past and has come back before..SO im not giving up on it and not giving up on trying new stuff.....

windows and the rest of the PC world might want us all to have a big cell phone (windows 8)..I don't think this will last either...

in short, ill be here as long as there is a here....period

Asus X99 PRO Intel I7 5960X EVGA GTX 1080 Intel 750 SSD 400GB 32 GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 4x8 RipJaw's MM extended U2-UFO case

"If you do what you've always done. You get what you always got."

Comment

He may not have made the site public until sometimes afterwards. I recall him starting the site because of something to do with ABXzone...not pleased with the way they were not helping people.

When I joined (april 2004?) it was already going.
                              Originally posted by nutcase View Post
                              oops, I missed it!

because their has to be a minimum of 1 admin to start creating the forums!

so BE was 10 years old last May!

Snafu
                              Profile - Webpage

Comment

Working...
                              X