X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.spywareterminator.com/

Pretty good app for free.

Found some of my test files (like eicar.txt, that just has the eicar string which isnt dangerous), and notified me that the file wasnt dangerous (which it isnt). But the amazing thing is that it found it, and reported it to me, and was correct in saying it was no longer a threat. The other 5 spyware software I tested did not even report and/or find it.

And it is xp, xp64, vista, vista64 compatible.

Edit:
    I strongly advise against installing the crawler toolbar (web security guard) though.
    It seriously slowed down my browsing, and even seemed to affect my general windows speed.
    Spywareterminator by itself is great though.
    Last edited by Dave3d; 06-18-2008, 10:56 AM.

Every day I try to follow Gods will. Every day, I struggle immensely with my human nature.

Comment

I like this: SUPER

SUPER Simplified Universal Player Encoder & Renderer.
      A GUI to FFmpeg, MEncoder, MPlayer, x264, mppenc,
      FFmpeg2theora & the theora/vorbis RealProducer plugIn.

If you need a simple, yet very efficient tool to convert (encode) or play any Multimedia file,
      without reading manuals or spending long hours training, then SUPER is all you need.
      It is a Multimedia Encoder and a Multimedia Player, easy-to-use with 1 simple click.

SUPER "The Player" surpasses any known player by supporting just
      any Multimedia file format. SUPER plays files that cannot be played with
      WMP or even MPC and VLC the advanced Libavcodec based players.
      SUPER also plays and saves Internet Media Streams of different
      protocols ( mms:// rtsp:// http://)

SUPER "The Encoder" is the fastest and simplest tool to encode full
      length movies to any other format without any time or function limitation.

NO trial or evaluation version of SUPER but one unique
      Free to download and Free to use fully working version.

SUPER does NOT require any additional external codec to
      be installed, absolutely nothing. Necessary codecs are built in!

Please read the changelog and the following details to see how:
      SUPER does for FREE what other encoders CAN'T do for money.
      I watched a video online and it left a *.flv file in this folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Peter\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

I used this program to convert the file to a *.AVI file which I can watch in media player or most any file player. Works excellent and is super easy to use!!!

Comment

JL, I've been looking for a converter that can convert most video formats to .mp4 since I got a Samsung Instinct recently (I love this thing)... so let's see what Super can do for me

Comment

Any luck OnYX?

Comment

Don't know if it has been mentioned, but I like Foobar2000 for music
            superfast, customizable, and uses very little memory
            http://www.foobar2000.org/

Comment

For tomorrow only (today to some of you?):

Zone Alarm Pro for free.
              1 day only.
              15th anniversary special.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/new...m_pro_software

Every day I try to follow Gods will. Every day, I struggle immensely with my human nature.

Comment

Just discovered Virtualbox OSE Virtualbox OSE. Awesome and easy to set up. Here's a screenshot of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit external usb hard drive install running on a Virtualbox VM on Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit.

Last edited by huncherman; 09-28-2009, 04:10 PM.

Comment

For those that use a lot (or any) freeware that has popups (buy me! buy me now!), you can use this:

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/web..._week_clickoff

It will catch the window (after you point it to it) and close it automatically.

No more popups !!!!

Comment

http://bumptop.com/

Wow.
                    This is a great app (for work).
                    Cleaned up all of my text, doc, xls, etc files, and put them in a little 'pile'.
                    Also, all of those 'barely used' desktop shortcuts go into a pile.
                    All of the stuff I use frequently I leave outside the piles.

I dont know if I would like it for my home gaming desktop, but it is great for work scenario's.
                    ____________________________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by Reese View Post
                      Don't know if it has been mentioned, but I like Foobar2000 for music
                      superfast, customizable, and uses very little memory
                      http://www.foobar2000.org/
                      If anybody uses this...(Like I do, religiously)
                      This theme makes Foobar2k WAY better, which is hard to believe I know.
                      Curacao
                      Most Foobar themes are very difficult to install and hard to configure. Curacao on the other hand comes with an AMAZING guide and was a snap to install and use.

To illustrate the difference...

Before, with standard UI.

After, with Curacao UI.

The difference is amazing. There are no limits to what people can do with Foobar. The new UI consumes no more memory, and is even said to load faster than the standard UI. I personally can't tell the difference speedwise. Foobar is so quick and responsive, as soon as you click a song it plays instantly, 0 load times. I <3 this program.

EDIT: Replaced img's w/ thumbnails. Didn't know photobucket had that.
                      Last edited by Reese; 10-27-2009, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Bless this apps soul, Refresh Rate Patcher 1.0.1, best cure for Win7's issues with some monitors I have come across. Worked for me in Win7 64bit anyway.

Comment

FTP Manager Lite is one of the best free FTP and SFTP client software. The clean interface is super easy to use. It will perform your files transfers quickly and efficiently. It also supports FXP for superfast server to server transfers.

Comment

Working...
                          X