X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glorfy View Post
    Faststone Image Viewer 2.9

I like this piece of software, small download, quick, intuitive easy to use - although I wish it had an option to automatically specify a target directory when batch editing.

I'm going to have to try FastStone Capture 5.2 as well which allows screen capture of scrolling windows.
    Yes! I've used this and the FastStone resizer quite a bit recently and both work great. Resizer is cool because you can make the image file size smaller without changing the actual dimensions of the pic (better compression / slight reduction in quality). With the ability to recursively process folders and reproduce the exact folder structure elsewhere but with the resized pics, it's great to get a group of pics down to CD size say when originally they were over.

Comment

Hey Carl, I used PuTTY to SSH into my slack server today...had to set up some relay permissions...it worked great. Really good one man.

Comment

Originally posted by joeMan View Post
        Hey Carl, I used PuTTY to SSH into my slack server today...had to set up some relay permissions...it worked great. Really good one man.
        Awesome PuTTY is great especially due to it's compact size and no install required operation. You can take that anywhere.

You might also want to check out tunnelier which is free also, but gives you some additional functionality. You can setup and save multiple profiles. Establish a connection to one and then you can open a terminal window or, and this is the bonus, an SFTP transfer window. Check out the screenies below. The terminal isn't as nice as PuTTY's but it's functional. The SFTP client I like better than WinSCP. I also use tunnelier as an SFTP-FTP bridge as detailed in this thread. It's a great free app, but does require an install, unlike the lightweight PuTTY.

The terminal window:

The SFTP transfer window:

Comment

Wow, super righteous.

I need to get into that one at some point here. Very nice indeed.

Thanks

Comment

I'm gonna add another one of these to my favs...

This tool comes in handy when you just cant find those files eating away at your hdd space!

FolderSize

Comment

All To AVI Found this while looking to unwrap/covert an .MVK file. Worked a treat!

Comment

Avast Antivirus

avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

I cant post URLS yet

so add the first part your selfs

Comment

Thanks for the updates gents. I need to go through and fix up post #1.

Comment

Great collection of freebies. Just to mention another one, I use this free plugin called Process QuickLink (from ProcessLibrary.com) to know exactly what processes are running in Windows Task Manager.

Comment

Originally posted by markdeb View Post
                      Great collection of freebies. Just to mention another one, I use this free plugin called Process QuickLink (from ProcessLibrary.com) to know exactly what processes are running in Windows Task Manager.
                      Ooooh.
                      A good one for this is Precess Explorer, available form MS (formerly a sysinternals app).

You can not only see the processes, but you can see what threads a process is running, a mutex or mutant, events, pretty much anything you would ever want want to know, and a few (at least I) that you have no idea what they are.

____________________________________________________________

Every day I try to follow Gods will. Every day, I struggle immensely with my human nature.

Comment

What are folks recommending for a good freeware registry cleaner/tuner for winxp nowadays?

Comment

I have tried a LOT of these here:
                          http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads15.html

I just cant remember wich ones I liked and which I didnt.
                          And which ones were really free,or trial.
                          Sorry.

I am still using Registry Mechanic on my 32 bit windows, although its not free.

Every day I try to follow Gods will. Every day, I struggle immensely with my human nature.

Comment

I gave this a go recently and it seems decent: CCleaner

Comment

How to Recover Deleted Files with Free Software

Well, for all those people that are losing their data, here is a good article on free file recovery software, and a little on how to use them.

http://lifehacker.com/393084/how-to-...-free-software

Think I am going to open an old recovery thread and add this there also.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Learnin' View Post
                                I gave this a go recently and it seems decent: CCleaner
                                I been usin cc for quite a while, wasn't even aware it had reg cleaner. Downloaded the newest and, well, there ya go.

Good choice, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X