Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old usb header to new front panel

Hello peoples.

I was wondering if anyone has come upon this situation and found a solution:
    I have an OLD motherboard (my 98se machine), with the non-compliant usb pins.
    Basically, you have to have a front panel connector that has all seperate, individual wires, to be able to connect the front panel connector to the motherboard.
    Well, my new case came with the all-in-1 usb cable (you know, the rectangular black connector, with all the wires hooked into it).
    So, I cant use the front usb ports now.

Has anyone seen, heard of, or know where to get an adapter to make the mobo pins work with the front usb ports?

Thanks.

Dave

Edit:
    My usb motherboard connector is like the USB pic, except the single pin is on the other side, so thats why the front panel connector doesnt work):
    http://www.pcityourself.com/building...onnections.php

Every day I try to follow Gods will. Every day, I struggle immensely with my human nature.

In this thread I talked about the USB connections. I did create a sticky with a pic for the pin layouts but having trouble finding it

You might be able to rearrange the pins in the block or if you have an older case chop off the usb connectors and wire it into the case USB block.

I will keep looking for the sticky but I am not sure where it would be if not in the case and power section.

Snafu
    Profile - Webpage

You can't live life without living - me

Nothing is that important that it must be done today as long as you will wake up tomorrow - me

Comment

Thanks Ron.

I fopund out it is a usb 1.1 header on the mobo, and usb 2.0 on the front case.
      I have an internal pci usb 2.0 bracket already, so I bought this:
      http://www.moddiy.com/products/USB-9...A-Adaptor.html

All that hassle for an old win98se machine.

But, I have been playing real retro games without issues, and not on gog yet.

Thanks for the info though.

Every day I try to follow Gods will. Every day, I struggle immensely with my human nature.

Comment

I could not find it. I even checked the attachments through the mod panel and it was not there (some interesting old photos though).

Guess it was deleted as part of the great purge (pre-nutcase)

Snafu
        Profile - Webpage

You can't live life without living - me

Nothing is that important that it must be done today as long as you will wake up tomorrow - me

Comment

Working...
        X