ram testing methodology?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ram testing methodology?

A quick question, for comparison review purposes what if the particular motherboard's NB temps are affecting the stability and performance of memory testing in such apps as memtest86 ? Would it be better to review and compare memory by eliminating the NB temp factor (with additional cooling) ?

I do think that would be a possibility. The higher you overclock the system to achieve higher RAM speeds, the NB could limit, although, if your NB can do 270Mhz then that'll most likely be past the limit for all the RAM you've got there.

Comment

I can get my 2.4C up into the 290's, so I do not think the Northbridge is the factor. It's warm, but I guess a little cooling could not hurt it. . . . . .

Comment

Well, you do have 23920359829867643CFM of fans pumping on your whole mobo right?...

Comment

Nope. . . .

Originally posted by Chuck232
          Well, you do have 23920359829867643CFM of fans pumping on your whole mobo right?...

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk
            Nope. . . .
            Sorry, that was directed at eva.... should've quoted him to avoid that confusion..

Comment

think he was referring to my 428cfm of fan cooling

i normally test new sticks without additional cooling, just this time room temps were 5-6C higher than before and my NB was quite hot and memtest86 errored out in test #4 and #5 fairly quickly within 20mins.

Then added my additional 348cfm of fans and NB temp heatsink dropped 6-8C underload (probe is wedged inbetween NB heatsink fins). Been error free for past 7+ hrs and still going well

Comment

Isn't it winter down there?... So it should be pretty cold right?:confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck232
                  Isn't it winter down there?... So it should be pretty cold right?:confused:
                  Aussie winter isn't that cold LOL

room temps i normally test right now are between 16-20C, today room temp was 25-26C

in summer room temps were around 33-36C lol

Comment

Hehe.. Up here in Canada, our room temps in the winter never exceed 20C

Summer temps are usually <30C

Comment

Damn, come to NY, we get freezing cold winters and super hot summers. . . . I guess the best of both worlds. . .

Comment

Working...
                      X