No announcement yet.

Gotta be a record for SuperPi 32M

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ran 3DM01SE with basically the same system at stock speeds. I replaced the 9600xt with a 9200SE (the 9600 was temporary anyhow).

The system hit a whoppin 1918. I don't have a link for two reasons. First I have not set up my net connection on it and secondly who really cares

Cheers

Snafu
    Profile - Webpage

You can't live life without living - me

Nothing is that important that it must be done today as long as you will wake up tomorrow - me

Comment

i had an old TI 66mhz until last year, when my parents moved and tossed it. it was running winders 95, i think i could have taken the title with that rig.

Comment

Would have been funny to see the results from the TI

Snafu
        Profile - Webpage

Nothing is that important that it must be done today as long as you will wake up tomorrow - me

Comment

i am guessing at least 1 full day, if not 2. IIRC i only had 40mb of ram and a 540mb HDD in that thing....

Comment

I have an old system kicking around here with a 600mb drive to go with it. One day I will fire this puppy up and take the crown back

Snafu
            Profile - Webpage

Comment

darn.. now why did I finally get rid of that 486sx-25Mhz system

I tried to run a SETI work unit on it but after 3 weeks, it was only 25% done

Comment

That would have been one sweet system to take the crown

Snafu
                Profile - Webpage

Comment

WOOT!!! I still PWN!!!!!!!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Oh would you lookey at what I found hiding under a friends desk

Even better yet but can I order WinXP SP2 on 5.25" floppies

Snafu
                    Profile - Webpage

Comment

Originally posted by Snafu
                      Oh would you lookey at what I found hiding under a friends desk

Even better yet but can I order WinXP SP2 on 5.25" floppies
                      Sure, trick vote for me buttons/links, now friends' hardware, what you won't do to be low or go slow. What's next screenies from 1980's websites???

Back to the CELLAR where you belong, crap it's even too late to change my vote now.........
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Just Learnin'; 03-01-2006, 01:12 AM.

Comment

ok.. I found an old Mobo and Cpu.. when was the last time you saw a AT Mobo and SIMMS
                        Last edited by nutcase; 06-26-2006, 07:32 PM.

Comment

I had one of those @ my first job

Now we just have to get these things running and benched

@Just Learnin' - now why do you think I'm in the cellar and you can change your vote any time by voting for someone else before the time is up (although I do appreciate your vote)

Snafu
                          Profile - Webpage

Comment

Originally posted by Just Learnin'
                            PII @ 200MHz, 160MB RAM: SuperPI 32M done in - 11h 48m 57s Heatlamp on CPU, Hair dryer on Mem.....
                            Originally posted by Snafu

You got the title...so far
                            So far, yes... I have my System 2 sweating on it right now and that is the fastest 486 EVER: an Enh. Am486DX5-160 in L1-WriteBack mode with 1 MB of WriteBack L2 Cache, 64 MB FastPage memory running at 40 MHz with minimum WaitStates (50 ns) and an IBM Deskstar 120GXP at PIO Mode 5!!!
                            Get ready to lose your crown, because the first results are very promising!... The initial value finished
                            in... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Ah, here it comes... 26m 30s! Compare that to the 22s on my P4 EE!

Comment

yah, but i have a stranger board. Its a Socket A with AGP, SD Ram and SIMM and its got both ATX and AT power connectors. I have been meaning to hook that think up just to see what a 9800Pro with a Pentium 1 are capable of

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy
                                So far, yes... I have my System 2 sweating on it right now and that is the fastest 486 EVER: an Enh. Am486DX5-160 in L1-WriteBack mode with 1 MB of WriteBack L2 Cache, 64 MB FastPage memory running at 40 MHz with minimum WaitStates (50 ns) and an IBM Deskstar 120GXP at PIO Mode 5!!!
                                Get ready to lose your crown, because the first results are very promising!... The initial value finished
                                in... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Ah, here it comes... 26m 30s! Compare that to the 22s on my P4 EE!
                                Aww Freddy stop making me sweat please... I knew it was too good to last!!

To the mighty 486's!! Wield the death blow and let me return to the lesser ranks as a lowly PWN'ED subject once more!!!

Alas, I may still breath easy as long as that lowly knave Snafu doth not hold the record!!
                                Last edited by Just Learnin'; 03-04-2006, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X