Water Cooling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Cooling

Ok, I have the next 4 days off friday thru monday. I am going to try to install the water cooling on this thing so I can see what I can do with it.

Wish me COOL!

Ken

Haha
    Stay cool.
    Chill out.
    It will be a breeze.

Every day I try to follow Gods will. Every day, I struggle immensely with my human nature.

Comment

Call if you need any help Ken..I just finished a new loop...new ram...new PSU

Asus X99 PRO Intel I7 5960X EVGA GTX 1080 Intel 750 SSD 400GB 32 GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 4x8 RipJaw's MM extended U2-UFO case

"If you do what you've always done. You get what you always got."

Comment

you going to play with the Gtx 295's?

Comment

Not yet Bud, But I was going to see if I could get to 5.3 Ghz on the water, or higher.
          Anyway I got some of the things hooked up and ran into a little problem. The guy at a small local PC repair shop sold me the wrong cooling fans, these have no way to mount them to the radiator. No screw holes! So I am ordering some now, Not going to deal with that place again. I am sure he will not give me a refund, as I told him before purchasing them what I was going to use them for, and it has been awhile since I purchased them. So I will just order them right now.

Ken

Comment

You cant drill your own holes?

Every day I try to follow Gods will. Every day, I struggle immensely with my human nature.

Comment

Not that simple, they are not just blank corners they have some kind of funky mounting for the fan/fan guard using some rubber mounts, and a plastic spike sticking up that a tiny rubber shackle hooks to for allowing some movement from torque. Although I don't know why they would need to worry about torq.
              They will work only as case fans with case fan screws, The screw has to come in from one side only, and that would be from the radiator core side outward. there is no way to mount them on the radiator as I cannot access the core side with a screwdriver.

Here is a link to one of them look at it zoomed in at the corners. http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/ca...tc.html?c=2183

Ken

Comment

Ahhh, those.
                Yeah.
                Too bad.
                He should take them back.

Comment

Well, I got thhe new fans the other day and put them on the rad already. The next morning I went to Xoxide dot com and ordered a radiator stand, some thumb screws and a couple of UV case lights! In Blue to accent the blue tubing. Hopefully I will have time this weekend to get it all hooked up!

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by RacingKen View Post
                    Well, I got thhe new fans the other day and put them on the rad already. The next morning I went to Xoxide dot com and ordered a radiator stand, some thumb screws and a couple of UV case lights! In Blue to accent the blue tubing. Hopefully I will have time this weekend to get it all hooked up!

Ken
                    once you set it the first time then it becomes old hat to set it up or re-set it..i use my WC rig most of the time if im at home...

Asus X99 PRO Intel I7 5960X EVGA GTX 1080 Intel 750 SSD 400GB 32 GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 4x8 RipJaw's MM extended U2-UFO case

"If you do what you've always done. You get what you always got."

Comment

I will still have this computer, I just felt the urge to build a new one, and I decided to use the water cooling on it, the funny thing is, I can use the same setup cold foot and all on both pc's and processors
                      Only on this PC I don't have a ready access for the tubing, so I would need to leave the side cover off. I like the new case it has the waterline access ports, and one for any electrical you might want to run in or out of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X