This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all,

After many hours of reading asking questions and just plain ol failing I finally got my Athlon 64 4000+ OC'ed at 2.6@220 FSB 1.65 Vcore, Ram running @ 2:1 DDR 400 timings are 3-4-4-8
    on 2 X 1 gig sticks of OCZ PC 3200 DDR 400.

This might not be the best OC but it is my VERY first and from what I hear 2 X 1 gig sticks are hard to work with so I am proud of my self that I didnt nuke my mobo LOL Temps right now with ALOT of air are 39C idle and 55C Loaded

It sustained SuperPI and Prime95 for about the last 6 to 7 hours. Think im gonna start looking into some extreme liquid for cooling. The mobo doesnt seem to like anything over 225 FSB. No matter what I do it just screams at me when I push to 225 so I backed it to 220 and thought better happy with 220 then without a puter at all at 250!!!

Will keep reading and asking questions and thanks all to the help you have given me

Regards,
    FIREDANCER
    Attached Files

Comment

• My prco will do 2.7ghz stable, but mem won't. Obvisouly I get better performance with 1:1@2.65ghz than with 5:4@2.7ghz.

3-4-4-8@2.85 seems to be all my mem will allow at these speeds. Unless someone knows a secret to getting better perf?
      Attached Files

Comment

• GregP24,

Checks some threads around here and focus on your timing, or ask for help in a new thread, those timing @ 265 for you Platinum rev 2, are shall we say less then stellar. You should be able to run those at somewhere around 2.5-4-3-7 (10), or 2.5-3-3-10 or there abouts.

Look for a thread from Chris#, on a Gigabyte board for example, and look for the recent results for glorfy DFI nf4 board, take your time and read them and work on your timing.
        Last edited by BB_One; 02-16-2005, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• Ah, doesn't really matter. The VX will be here tomorrow. My CPU is only stable to 270FSB. SO, unless the VX can go to 300FSB at 1T, I'll be staying in the 260-270 range.

Comment

• 250 / 260 @ 2-2-2-5 with 3.4 Volts +/-, often seen. 270, ummm don't think I've seen that but then again positive surprises are always welcomed. Should be able to compare, my VX and TCCD should be here next week.

Comment

• I'll take 260@2-2-2-5.

I did loop memtest for 7.5 hours at 3-4-4-7@266 with no errors. I guess I'm not as proficient with mem OCing as I should be. Time to learn.....

Comment

• Originally posted by BB_One
                250 / 260 @ 2-2-2-5 with 3.4 Volts +/-, often seen. 270, ummm don't think I've seen that but then again positive surprises are always welcomed. Should be able to compare, my VX and TCCD should be here next week.
                I'll be looking forward to that bud! If the problems with TCCD on DFI NF4 get sorted I thin k the extra bandwidth provided by running TCCD at 300+ 2.5,4,3,10, will surpass the VX at 260 2,2,2,5 - but thats my gut feeling, no more. I know with BH5/6 2X512, is not meant to O/C as well as 2X256 - I don't know if this holds true for VX, can anyone LMK?

My CPU with current set up is limited to 2700. The overclock I like the most is 260X10 2,2,2,5 1:1, just because its neat and tidy! My BH6 maxes out at 3.5-3.6v 262 2,2,2,5. Extra voltage from here just causes no boot

Blueball - I hear what you say about prime95! I nearly died of boredom the other night, someone wanted me to do Superpi 16M just to prove my DDR520 was stable, logest 10-15 minutes EVER! I wanna use my PC not watch it spew out numbers

Comment

• My second build. First was a P4 i ripped out of my Dell because I wanted to tweak stuff and it sucked, thus beginning my OC fun

64 3200+ at 2.5Ghz (10x250) Winchester
                  MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
                  XP-90 w/Thermaltake smartfan
                  1g OCZ PC3200 Pl rev 2 at DDR 500 2.5-3-3-9
                  Ultra X-connect UV 500w PSU
                  BFG NV 6800 Ultra OC
                  SB Audigy 2 value
                  1 Pata WD 80
                  2 Sata WD 80's (Raid 0)
                  PIC

Comment

• MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
                    Week 2 '05 Winchester 3500+ @ ~2.39 (217x11)
                    Crappy Mushkin CH-5 RAM at 217 2-3-3-7

Comment

• Foxconn NF4U

I bought the Foxconn NF4U. I didn't realize until I bought it that it had the new chipset.

So far the board kicks watoosi! However, today Windows Expoloer can't find my two optical drives. HMMMMM. So far Foxconn tech support has been excellent. But today I call and told the guy my problem. He offered a fix that didn't work. Now I call back & noone picks up the phone.

So, I'm starting to wonder if I got a bargin at all by paying Newegg $108 for a socket 939 NVidia 4 board. We'll see.

BTW, if anyone has a quick fix that will help me "see" my optical drives, please tell me. The BIOS recognizes them. So I'm thinking, Windows XP Professional is being a crackwhore.

Later

Comment

• Actually I just discovered today while playing around that I can run 2.53 GHz stable. 230x11 1.47V with my RAM @ 5:4 2-3-3-10.

I ran 3DMark2k1 to compare scores and only scored about a hundred points higher... I think because my RAM went from 217 MHz down to 184... actually 180 as read by CPU-Z.

I still seem to hit a rather hard wall at 240 MHz with a RAM any higher than 2:1

*EDIT* Now I'm running Prime95 @ 2.35 GHz... 235x10 with 5:4 memory divider still. And CPU-Z is reading 195 MHz for the RAM. What the heck was making it see the RAM speed as only 180 MHz with a 230 MHz HTT speed and 5:4 divider?
                        Last edited by Jeff7181; 03-11-2005, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Athlon 3400 specs

Posting these for review & suggestions For Improvement.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Athlon 3400 Specs

Posting These for review & suggestions
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff7181
                              Actually I just discovered today while playing around that I can run 2.53 GHz stable. 230x11 1.47V with my RAM @ 5:4 2-3-3-10.

I ran 3DMark2k1 to compare scores and only scored about a hundred points higher... I think because my RAM went from 217 MHz down to 184... actually 180 as read by CPU-Z.

I still seem to hit a rather hard wall at 240 MHz with a RAM any higher than 2:1

*EDIT* Now I'm running Prime95 @ 2.35 GHz... 235x10 with 5:4 memory divider still. And CPU-Z is reading 195 MHz for the RAM. What the heck was making it see the RAM speed as only 180 MHz with a 230 MHz HTT speed and 5:4 divider?
                              I am surprised you can even POST with such a low cpu voltage. My mobile chip is 1.45V stock. I run it upto 2.2V daily.
                              I thought the lowest stock volts on a 754/939 chip was 1.65V?!?
                              Maybe you don't because your cooling is insufficient.

Comment

• Originally posted by Action169
                                Posting These for review & suggestions
                                How about a screen shot of the CPU and RAM benchmarks. That'll tell us alot more.
                                And perhaps some temp readings.

Comment

Working...
                                X