Soltek SL-75FRN2-RL Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soltek SL-75FRN2-RL Review

Prometheus' Soltek SL-75FRN2-RL review is up, if anyone wishes to comment on or discuss this board or the review, this is the place to do it!

Read the review here....

I like the clean layout and simple relevant information. Looking forward to more reviews!

Comment

Good review.

Gave me an idea of what I might be able to do with my Asus A7N8X rev2.0 board.

Comment

Great review there Prometheus !!

Definitely bang for the buck, and looks good too.

How much further do you think it would go with a WC Rig :?:

RH

Comment

Excellent review! I have setup 4 Golden Flame series boards and love these things Unfortunately it's getting darned near impossible to find one since Soltek U.S.A. ceased operations Even Newegg doesn't seem to be restocking and they have the Asian connection. I'm just hoping they are waiting on the new boards Soltek anounced to replace the older models.EDIT: I just read that Newegg will have a new shippment in on the 28th woohoo!
          Last edited by DAPUNISHER; 05-21-2003, 07:00 PM.

Comment

http://www.misrcorps.com/ in Florida is a Soltek distributor, sell direct, and are set-up for secure web shopping. They almost always have the boards in stock and prices are OK.

Comment

Yep, that's Amr Metwally he hangs out at AMDMB in the Soltek forum. The only reason I haven't bought from him yet is he's in Fl. with me so after tax&shipping Newegg is a better deal for me. However, if Newegg don't get 'em in on time and they bump the price up at all I'm going to deal with Amr anyways.

Comment

Hehe...prometheus' review made the Inquirer... Linky

Comment

Very nice review...

Comment

FWIW, I just assembled an Asus A7N8X Deluxe with a 2500+ Barton, Corsair Twin 256 LL PC3200, a Radeon 7500, and Maxtor Atlas 15K as a Biz everyday PC. I've been running a burn-in/stability test for the past 36 hours by looping Content Creation 2003. I am running the system at all DEFAULT settings other than setting the FSB to 200 MHz, i.e. as an AMD 3200+ would run stock.

My results mirror the Soltek SL-75FRN2-RL review as it is 100% rock stable AND has an impressive 41.8 Content Creation score as configured with very conservative settings and a modest Radeon 7500 graphic card. Since this PC is for Biz, stability is more important to me than a few frame rates as we don't do games. Nonetheless the 2500+ Barton really delivers a Helleva performance bang for the buck and is irresistible at current prices. I think AMD still has a few surprises left for Intel with the Barton core. Stay tuned!

Comment

If it wasn't for the holes missing around the heatsink I would've put my order in today...what a bummer they would do that.

Great review though - sure makes it look tempting... :yummy:

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie
                        If it wasn't for the holes missing around the heatsink I would've put my order in today...what a bummer they would do that.

Great review though - sure makes it look tempting... :yummy:
                        Hey Ozzie, yea need those holes for H2o! Good review Prometheus!

Comment

Thanks for the kudos. I DID notice the holes were missing and should have made a mention of it in the review. It is also an issue for some of the better AIR cooling solutions as well as h2o rigs. I agree that with the holes there the Golden Flame would have been a near perfect Athlon board.

Comment

You can water cool with the Golden Flame Of course if you already have a setup and it's the bolt on it's not cost effective but for those looking to water cool like myself there are alternatives to allow this board to get it done.

Comment

Yup - I have been thinking of doing that as well...I have a couple DD Maze3's that clamp on to my Asus dually and they work just fine.

Maybe I should give it a go - waterblocks never seem to go to waste...

Comment

Working...
                              X