Processor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processor

I just installed the new amd IIx4 965be 3.4hz, but it seems to me that it runs a little hot. Can anyone tell me some temps for stock and oc settings that I can expect?

Thanks, Ken

if you are running a stock HSF, they will run HOT under load (over 70C will be seen sometimes)..

would help to know what temps you are actually getting

Comment

Temps

Temps at idle with settings at
      cpu bus = 200
      cpu voltage = 1.325 I had to lower it from what it came up at when I first installed it at 1.4 volt.
      northbridge = 1.15
      ram is set at = 1.6
      idel temp 33c = 91f
      working hard folding with cpu it reaches 44c to 51c

this is all with my cpu cooler I used on my duel core, a Zalman CNPS8000 CPU Cooler - Socket 775, AM2/AM2+, AM3, 754, 939, 940.
      The stock cooler needs to be lapped before I could use it, and as I am going to go water cooling I decided not to do that yet. Although it might be a 3 to 5 weeks before I can use water cooling.

Ken
      Last edited by RacingKen; 09-13-2012, 06:31 PM.

Comment

those temps are about right. about the same as i got with my 955be

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Well, I left my pc folding today while I was at work. I was folding with both the GPU and the client server cpu and the cpu only got up to 56c at stock settings. So I guess it is going to work pretty well for me till I get the new 8 core.
            Thanks again, Ken
            Oops my bad I had it slightly oc'ed @ 3605mhz with 206mhz on the cpu bus frequency.
            Last edited by RacingKen; 09-14-2012, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X