PDA

View Full Version : Memory purchase help for Duvie!!!

Duvie
08-27-2003, 11:48 AM
I think I am going to go the route of a 2.6c, maybe a 2.8c if the price comes down in the next moth or so. However I figure with either of these chances are I will be running a 5:4 ratio since I do not want to run the most expensive memory.

What do you guys perfer at say pc3700 or 466mhz ddr level that is quality stuff. In both instances I will liekly not be even running at spec so I want to jack the timings up. I haven't decided wether 512mb of 1gb. I would love to save the memory and I watch my use and I see I never peg it out now....

I would like to not pay much more then say 125 a 512mb stick and I don't know if the 256mb stick are half as much or running a bit more totalled together.

Give me your advice on brands that are worth the price and the best bang for my buck.

I likely will be looking at one of the Abit boards but chime in on that as well here or in the mobo forum....

Thanks

Tony
08-27-2003, 03:09 PM
What you looking to run..1:1 or 5:4?

oldfart
08-27-2003, 05:43 PM
Another stick that matches the one you have would be a nice setup if you could fine one.

Duvie
08-27-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by oldfart
Another stick that matches the one you have would be a nice setup if you could fine one.

It is a corsair pc3000 and I could get one for 117 at googlegera but I doubt I may find one capable of what the one I have. The really backed off on these and if it was a new stick and not trying to find an old one on the boards corsair would have binned it for a higher speed...