PDA

View Full Version : Searching for.....

BB_One
02-12-2005, 10:42 AM
....an excutable (program) that allows for example Pictures to be stored on a CD-R or DVD +R, and when the dvd is inserted in the player, it would either display the pics one by one on the TV screen, and / or possibly allow for next and previous pic selection via the dvd remote control? :thumbs:

FB
02-12-2005, 12:27 PM
cant you just burn a slideshow with burning software?

BB_One
02-12-2005, 12:42 PM
Dunno if it would execute on a dvd player?

FB
02-12-2005, 12:51 PM
only one way to find out.

BB_One
02-12-2005, 01:10 PM
only one way to find out.

ROTFL....ya I guess so....need to wait for DVD burner to show up, when I decide which one to buy . Pioneer DVR 109 looks to be it...just got to get the right price.

On a more serious note however, I was really wondering if there was any special proggy that people were aware off.

RyderOCZ
02-12-2005, 02:17 PM
Hi BB, have you looked at the NEC DVD burners? Don't know what your budget is but here is one I highly recommend:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=27-152-036&depa=1

I can personally vouch for installing 5 of these for clients of mine, and my partner uses one also. Dual layer support to boot :)

As for the software you are talking about my father bought a card reader (digital media cards) and included with it was some software by Dazzle or called Dazzle. I did a quick google and www.dazzle.com comes up, which is a division or a product of Pinnacle systems. The retail versions might be rather pricey I don't know.

This one that came with his card reader did just what you want I think...he can take photos from his digital camera, put them together in a slide show, then burn it on a CD (yes CD) and that CD will play in your DVD player and display your slide show right on the TV...forward and reverse fully functional from the DVD remote!!

Hope that helps. :)

FB
02-12-2005, 05:36 PM
i have a NEC 2510a, wouldnt trade it for anything, except maybe a NEC 35x0 series :lol:

sodface
02-12-2005, 05:48 PM
....an excutable (program) that allows for example Pictures to be stored on a CD-R or DVD +R, and when the dvd is inserted in the player, it would either display the pics one by one on the TV screen, and / or possibly allow for next and previous pic selection via the dvd remote control? :thumbs:

You can burn pics as a slideshow in VCD format on CDR disks or as slideshows in DVD format on DVD's. I've done a few of the VCD types on CDR and they've turned out very well.

I've used ProShow Gold, Ulead DVD Pictureshow, WinOnCd (now Roxio?)

I'm not sure about others, but the first 2 I mentioned allow you to add an audio track and can automatically adjust the pauses between pics to synch up with the duration of the audio track, so they both end together.

BB_One
02-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Thank you Ryder,

Actually yes I was considering as my top choice the 3520 so, pleased to see you are also recommanding it. In fact price wize it is a bit less pricey then Pioneer.

Did however came across a couple of head to head comparaison that suggest Pioneer to take the NEC, and has a couple of thingies more that nec does not offer.

Product review with pros and cons at the end, NEC.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=12314

Cannot find the other comparaison review I am looking for, but honestly I think I will go with your recommandations, dunno that I will do that much DVD recording frankly to bother with some odd feature which might mean nothing to someone like me.

Thanks for the heads up, and confirming the quality of the NEC. Now Dazzle is something i certainly will look into, hehe maybe just what the doctor ordered!

BB_One
02-12-2005, 06:03 PM
Ah, more out there, thank you for the feedback sodface, I will surely look into that also.

VCD, ummm I never thought of that.

BB_One
02-12-2005, 06:09 PM
i have a NEC 2510a, wouldnt trade it for anything, except maybe a NEC 35x0 series :lol:

Thxs Flyboy, I think I will go NEC also then.

FB
02-12-2005, 06:26 PM

Thxs Flyboy, I think I will go NEC also then.

you can't beat them for the money, AND they are actually one of the highest quality burners out there, i dont know why they dont charge more for them, but i am not complaining