PDA

View Full Version : Great AV Program

Paragon
08-17-2003, 07:50 AM
I, like many of you, have had it with NAV. The product provided adequate virus protection but the list of problems associated with it (at least on my system) or too coutless to list. It's also a huge resource hog.

A few weeks ago my search began for a new AV program. I tried trial releases of just about everything out there including the freebies. I had originally settled on a Russian product called Kaspersky which first seemed to meet all the criteria I had set. Then it was suggested by CJ over at abxzone that I try NOD32.

I thought about it for a while and went to NOD32's website and to the UK website of Virus Bulletin, a prestigious publication that tests all virus software on all operating systems. It was there that I leaned that my latest acquisition Kaspersky had failed the most recent tests in Windows XP. I also leaned that NOD32 unlike most of the rest of the software out there had never failed a test on any operating system since 1998 and has always earned the "100% Award"...Pretty damn impressive!

I downloaded it and for evaluation and I'm here to tell you I haven't looked back. This program is the best I've ever used! It uses very few resources and does the job for which it was intended very well. I'm even told that it will work on Windows 2003 server for those of you using it as a workstation operating system. Pointreyes is testing it on that system now.

I highly recommend this product to any of you looking for great AV software and not wanting the bloatware that NAV and others bring to your system!

Jim
08-17-2003, 08:25 AM
Sounds good, I'll give it a try. :wave:

Here's Linkage (http://www.nod32.com/download/trial.htm)

Paragon
08-17-2003, 08:42 AM
Thanks PF, I knew there was something I forgot;)

eva2000
08-17-2003, 09:22 AM
i've used NAV2000, 2002, 2003 for 3+ yrs all up with no probs.. apart of the Norton SystemWorks Pro package

Paragon
08-17-2003, 01:40 PM
Some people have had excellent results with NAV, I did until version 2003 and then the conflicts started...I also saw a huge resources being hogged by NAV as opposed to NOD32, it has a very small footprint to be as powerful as it is.