PDA

View Full Version : Question about condensation

P@cket_Loss
01-27-2005, 07:22 PM
Ok im looking into getting a waterchiller and it seems to me that condensation proofing the CPU is alot of trouble. My question is at what temp does conednsation start, I mean my house stays about 65 to 70 degrees F. Im thinking that if I set the waterchiller to a safe temp above the conednsation temp then I can still run cool temps under load. (say mabe 25c)
here is the link to the waterchiller. http://www.aquastealth.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=96

83racecrew
01-27-2005, 07:28 PM
The condensation temp or "dew point" depends on the amount of moisture in the air, you would have to experiment with a thermometer and the chiller or a glass with ice in it, etc....when the condensation just begins to form (really light) that is going to be your "dew point". :) You would have to measure the temp of the item that is forming the condensation on it.

Make any sense?

ThugsRook
01-27-2005, 07:35 PM
down here in s-fla ~ the condensation starts before the water even gets in the glass :irk:

P@cket_Loss
01-27-2005, 07:42 PM
Ok ty for the fast reply. So say I put a temp probe from my hacano 13 on the glass filled with ice water and when the condensation starts that temp should be the Dew point, correct?

83racecrew
01-27-2005, 07:47 PM
Yes on the outside of the glass, actually the don't put to much ice in the glass...the probe will give the temp of the glass so...if you get the glass below the dew point immediately the probe will read 41 for example....if the dew point is 43 condensation may form instantly and you would be inaccurate...cool the glass as slow as you can so you can keep up with the temp changes.

Making sense?

P@cket_Loss
01-27-2005, 07:55 PM
Ok cool thanks for the info and fast reply,now do you think it would be worth buying the chiller for this,my temps now are 30c idel 43c under load. I can always condensate proff the CPU in the future if I ever get the gutts to do it....lol.....I am very new to O/C and watercooling..... :hide:

83racecrew
01-27-2005, 07:58 PM
IMO if you are no higher than 43C load....nope not worh it. :)

P@cket_Loss
01-27-2005, 08:03 PM
well was thinking of mabe trying to push my system a little further maybe 2.8 but I want to have the means to keep it cool, you know what I mean.....

harleybro
01-28-2005, 05:19 AM
If your at 2.7 now I think you should be able to hit 2.8 without that big of a differance in temps. I have hit 2.8 on mine and at full load was around 52C. Also keep in mind when checking for condensation points humidty needs to be factored into the equation.