PDA

View Full Version : Look for upcoming reviews/opinions

Dave3d
11-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Just got Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition for PC in the mail tonight (although I am not home yet).

Also, I am almost done with Dreamkiller, and have some things to say about it.

:thumb:

Dave3d
11-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Grrrrrr.

Took me all of 1 install 'try' to find a bug that actually stopped me from installing Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition.

I am trying to install to D:\SITH directory ( no, I wont install to c:\ ).
No start menu folder.
Desktop icon.

I am recieving this error:
Setup
Internal error: An attempt was made to expand the "group" constant before it was initialized.
I click OK button, and recieve:
Error
Setup was not completed.
Please correct the problem and run setup again.

Install rolled back (rolled back what, It only extracted the installer so far), and would not proceed.

So, I tried 2 another install, the same way, and got the same error.
I tried 1 more install, this time just a tad differently.
When I installed before (the 1st and 2nd time), I cleared (deleted) all of the [Aspyr\The Force Unleashed\blah blah blah] text from the start menu edit field, and then selected (checked) the 'Do not create a start menu item' checkbox.

Well, when I left all of that crap in there the 3rd install, install went fine.
:dizzy:

So, ASSpyr must have a crack QA team working for them to miss so simple a bug (or maybe it is the developers that dont want to fix anything).
Either way, this is not looking like it will be a good port so far.
Sigh.

RoachBurn
11-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Internal error: An attempt was made to expand the "group" constant before it was initialized.

This part has me curious.. try installing it like "D:\LucasArts\Sith" or whatever the default is, except D: instead of C:.

I just bought this today for 360 as I truly hate most action games like this on PC. Haven't played it, still sealed. I played the original demo and thought it was mediocre, probably a 6/10. I watched a buddy play it and it seemed a lot more interesting if you know how to do everything.

Either way, I hope adding the longer install path works for you.

RoachBurn
11-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Wow, my browser didn't show all of your 2nd post so I didn't see you got it working. Glad to hear it went through finally.

Dave3d
11-04-2009, 09:27 PM
OMG.
Another game blocker.

"You must have virtual memory set to play this game.".

In this day of 4-12gb's of memory, who uses a pagefile anymore?

Jeeez.
get real ASSpyr.

:(

Dave3d
11-04-2009, 09:31 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Man, they didnt even try did they?

Re-bind controls, and then click Play =
"The game interface will continue to show the default input bindings in game messages but the game will use the input bindings set here."

Oh man, this is NOT looking good.