PDA

View Full Version : New toys are on the way

boshuter
02-16-2008, 04:57 AM
Man.... seems like an eternity since I got to do any serious benching :(

I finally managed to order some new stuff to play with; I've got an E8400 (Q743A), and an Asus P5K headed my way and they should arrive early this coming week. Also have 2 sets of 2X1gb Patriot PC6400 Cas4 memory to check out, if it isn't any good I'll fall back on my trusty ole Corsair UL's ;)

I plan on setting everything up on air so I can get the OS installed and everything running smoothly and tweaked, then I'll tear it down and do the vmods on the board and the insulation...... then bolt the pot on and I'll be ready for some fun :D

Other than the E8400, this isn't the "latest and greatest" hardware..... but I think it's going to be a good combination ;) I still have that 631 CedarMill that I need to get to 7ghz too :yup:, I think the P5K will be a good board to do that with.

Anyway.... just getting excited and had to post something :o I can't wait to bench again :D:D:D

Subsider
02-16-2008, 05:15 AM
nice bo :thumb: lookin forward to the results :yup:

harleybro
02-16-2008, 05:31 AM
Great Len looking forward to how it goes. :thumbs: I am sure you're chomping at the bit now to get it running. :yup:

Just Learnin'
02-16-2008, 06:01 AM
Great news Bo! :thumbs:

boshuter
02-16-2008, 06:30 AM
Great Len looking forward to how it goes. :thumbs: I am sure you're chomping at the bit now to get it running. :yup:

Yes I am.... I've already downloaded all the vmod pics and all the software I'll need. I'm going to try to do an Nlite prepped 2K3 install, if nlite won't work on 2k3 I'll just do it the old fashioned way.

If all goes well, I hope to have air testing done this week and be ready for dice next weekend (but things have to go just right or it will be the next weekend before I'm ready for dice). I have a lot of things to test, tune, and generally get figured out before I bolt the pot on. ;)

OnYX
02-16-2008, 08:30 AM
good luck Bo :thumb:

show us some nice numbers!

liquidcooled
02-16-2008, 11:57 PM
I know exactly how ya feel, i havent benched for awile, but been keepin up with current harware, hope u get some sweet OC's.

jphillips
02-17-2008, 10:23 AM
I've been feeling the same! I've not benched anything in quite some time and the sad thing is that I've not been keeping up with the changes. :hide:

:beer: Here's hoping you have fun and post some nice scores there Boshuter! :beer: