PDA

View Full Version : FireFox 0.9RC

PCBruiser
06-09-2004, 09:59 AM
FireFox 0.9 RC is out. I installed it this morning, and it does have a few installer problems. You will have problems with your extensions, even if you disable tem before using the installer. I had to reinstall all of mine, and not all are completely working, although the major ones do. BookmarkBackup, Tabbrowser Extensions, etc. do work on reinstalling them. A few, such as Preferential and Chatzilla do not. On the other hand, 0.9 RC is very fast, faster than 0.8. But, I would advise waiting a bit until the extensions and themes get updated to work with the new RC, particularly if you are not willing to fuss about with the installation to make things work.

Bottom line, the RC looks like a real improvement on 0.8, but it still needs work in some areas. While I am using it, I would recommend waiting to upgrade until a more final version comes out.

Most themes do not yet work either, but one that does is Noia Extreme 2.0, which I happen to like a lot.

PCBruiser
06-09-2004, 10:24 AM
I have now, with some fussing, gotten Chatzilla and Preferential working. I will say, if you are willing to spend a little time working on the install, that 0.9RC is much faster than 0.8.