PDA

View Full Version : "No Signal" & PowerStream 520W

Wagz
01-17-2006, 05:56 PM
First of all, hello to all!

I've had the OCZ 520W PowerStream for some time now. I also have an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC w/256MB, 2GB of RAM and a ViewSonic VX924. For months, I've been experiencing problems with my display going dead. I had both the motherboard and video card replaced in recent times.

The past several days, however, I was confronted with the display freezing and me having to reboot. Since yesterday, I've been unable to get the display to work with either my LCD or CRT monitors. I get a "no signal" followed by the monitor shutting down into powersaving mode.

BFG has long insisted its a PSU problem I've been having. Has anyone else discovered probs of this nature? And what can I do? I'm suspicious its a software problem but can't even see to try and reformat and try again. Any suggestions? Thanks!

govy
01-17-2006, 06:28 PM
does the video stop working once windows starts?

are you able to get into the bios?

govy
01-17-2006, 06:28 PM
oh yeah, welcome to BE

Wagz
01-17-2006, 06:36 PM
#2 - The computer boots up fine, but I am not able to see any screens to enter BIOS or otherwise. The PC boots fine (I see the peripherals lighting up and hear the CPU churning) but the monitor immediately displays "no signal" at boot before going into powersaving mode. So, I am not able to go into BIOS or Windows.

RotorHead
01-17-2006, 08:13 PM
Are you using the same video cable for both monitors?

Wagz
01-17-2006, 08:21 PM
No, I was using them separately. I normally have my LCD but replaced it with the CRT to see if it would do the same thing on another monitor. It does.

RotorHead
01-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Do you have an old video card you can swap out? or maybe borrow one from a friend......

govy
01-18-2006, 03:03 AM
try disconnecting all harddrives, cd drives, floppy drives and any other non essential element. if you can pull some ram pull that, get the system down to the lowest amount of power draw possible. then power up and see what you get. if that doesn't do anything, then like roto said try a different video card. have you had problems with this computer since you had/built it? if you have and you built it, double check that the mobo is installed correctly and that your not shorting anything out. also make sure all of the cables are installed correctly. you may want to post down in the OCZ power supply forum, not sure how often the OCZ guys check all of these other forums, maybe they can shed some light if its something they have scene w/ their power supplies.